Sunday, October 11, 2009

Epic-icity of weekends.

So, first off, this is Sydney. Just signed in as David. So I changed the blog! Well we did. David probably doesn't want to share what parts of this change he truly participated in... so we just wont go there.
We've had a great weekend! David came up to visit me again! I love it when he comes clear up. We always have good time happy fun going on adventures, sleeping, and making cool things! David got here on Friday before my 8:30 class was over! He couldn't sleep after work, so he just drove straight up. When he first got here he still couldn't sleep so we watched a movie then fell asleep.
After a 2 hour nap I was wide wide awake! Of course David had just been up for 21 hours, so I let him sleep for 6 more hours. When he was up we went and grabbed some Cafe Rio for dinner and then spent the rest of the night at "The Shak" aka Nathaniel and Tyler's house. We mostly played video games, and worked on an up and coming song that our friend Cleatus (really Nathaneil in disguise) is writing. ...hot hot baby, sweet sweet lady.
The next morning I was woken up by my phone ringing! When I said hello, all David said was: Good morning, put on some warm clothes and come outside. Apparently he had decided the theme of the day would be: spontaneous. With in 10 minutes of waking up we were getting out of the car clear up the canyon! Up there we built a fire out of some hot embers that had been left there from the night before! (This is a looong but hilarious story, and this blog is already getting long so ask me about it sometime and I'll tell you the funny parts)
After the fire we watched more movie, and then took a nap. Again, I got up long before David. So while he was sleeping I came up with weird ways to wake him up. Such as, Eating popcorn loudly right next to him, throwing popcorn at him, giving him wet willies, taking his blankets and pillow, jumping on the bed, and finally a nice weggie. (The final one was what really made him come to in the end.) When we were both up and ready we decided something fun was needed.
Idaho.
Boring it sounds? Not when you take a couple friends to the nearest town - Preston. Only a half hour a way from Logan. But what to do in Preston? Buy lottery tickets. The lady at the gas station was AWESOME at helping us pick winner cards.
Our winnings:
David spent 12 dollars, Won 1 dollar! but then put that money back into a losing ticket.
Here's David and his scratched tickets:

(umm... I don't know how to turn it. So I guess sorry, just turn your head.)

Rachel spent 3 dollars, won 9 dollars! but then put that money back into losing tickets.
After standing in a gas station for a good 2o minutes, we moved on. It was still early into the night so of course we went... Bowling! In Preston. At a little tiny place called Pop N Pins.




I loved this place, from it's 9 friendly regulars, to the Napoleon claims to fame, to the sign that said this room is PG rated, to the old-fashion way of keeping your own score! (Good thing David knew how to do that cause no one else did!)
I lost, Rachel got second to last, then came Nathaniel, next David, and Jen won us all.
Here's our score card to prove it:



And here's me bowling:



It was quite the epic of adventures.
The end.

3 comments:

  1. I love the new blog look! I think I know what was Dave inspired!! :) Fun weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the new blog and LOVE the fun weekend!! one day I want to go to that Bowling Alley and have a "Talk Like Napoleon" Day. Its on.

    ReplyDelete